2012/05/31

My ARM Workout- Mike Chang

My ARM Workout- Mike Chang








Check out this weird.. but effective Six Pack tip that will get you ripped fast! sixpackshortcuts.com Hey Guys! Mike here with the sixpackshortcuts... I was on my way to the gym, but I decided to make a video for you guys to show you my most effective arm workout! I hope you enjoy! First, we are going to start off with a couple warm up sets of light weight curls... I use a curl bar. Do about 2 sets of 10 reps. Then we are going to go straight into working sets. Working set are done at a weight where you can really only do 8-10 reps and are struggling to get up your last rep. Do 4 sets with 30 seconds rest in between sets. Next we are going to to some one arm bicep curls with dumbbells. I do them seated because it enables you to isolate you biceps a little more, and prevent you from rocking your back too much which will cause injury. Again you want to be doing 4 sets of 8-10 reps... The next exercise is this routine is a bent over preacher curl. Position your feet about 6 inches apart, toes above your knees, and bent at the waist with your butt in the air. You want to keep your elbows on the outside of your knees, and as you curl up you want to bring your butt down and at the top of the curl really stick your elbows foward to hit your bicep peak. Try and get 5 sets of 10 reps of this exercise. There you go guys! This routine will add serious size and definition to your arms... I challenge you to give it a shot! Check out this shocking video that will show you how to get a ...
Video Rating: 4 / 5


012 : 365
weight exercise

Image by THEMACGIRL*


Question by Someone..: What exercise works best for your weight loss?
I'm planning on loosing 20 lbs in about 6 weeks. (Currently I'm 5'3" and 140 lbs.) Not only do I want to loose some pounds, I want to run a half marathon. (Obviously that will take longer than 6 weeks to train for..ahaha) I run and do the elliptical. I want to start weights too but I'm not sure where to start. Haha.

What cardio exercise works best for you?

What weight training exercise works best for you?

Thanks.


Best answer:
Good Evening!
It sounds like you're ready to enter the elite lifestyle of running and fitness! It'll drop the pounds right off of you, raise your self confidence by tenfold and and will increase your endurance more than you can imagine! I see you also want to gain strength; that is to be expected.

This is the plan I used when training for my first half marathon when I was 16:

Monday- Run 1 Mile at a fast pace. (About 1 minute faster than you want your half marathon pace to be) walk for 5 minutes, repeat, walk for 5 minutes, and repeat. This brings you to a total of 3 miles at a minute faster than goal pace per mile. (Example: If your goal half marathon time is 2 hours, your average mile is about 9:10. That means these "mile repeats" should be no slower than 8:10 each) Also, each week take 5 seconds off each mile. (Example: week one run 8:10 miles, week two run 8:05 miles, week three run 8 minute miles, etc)

Tuesday- Do a small upper body weight training circuit.

Wednesday- Go on a long run at your goal half marathon pace. Start out running 3 miles and each week add another mile. (Example: If your goal time is 2 hours, week one you should run 3 miles in 27:30, week 2 you should run 4 miles in 36:40, week 3 you should run 4 miles in 45:50, and so on)

Thursday- Do the same as Monday.

Friday- Do a small lower body weight training circuit.

Saturday- Rest

Sunday- Do the same as Wednesday.

You will only be running four days a week, but oh will you improve. When I started this plan I could run four miles in 36 minutes and that was about it. I set my goal pace at 2 hours and ended up finishing in 1 hour and 48 minutes. I did this plan for 10 weeks and only missed 1 training day. Also, If you miss a training day, don't make it up, just continue with the schedule. Moreover, It is very important to stretch before AND after you run and to only lift what feels good when you lift.

Pounds will drop by about 2 per week if you eat healthily. (5 servings of fruit and vegetable, lots of whole grain, 1800-2000 calories total for healthy weight loss)

Have fun and good luck!
P.S. I ran a marathon 2 weeks after I ran the half and finished in 4 hours and 28 minutes.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Orignal From: My ARM Workout- Mike Chang

No comments:

Post a Comment